Virtual Solo Contest
The contest is now closed for entries, we would like to thank all participants for the high standard, it has been a pleasure to listen to you all. We wish you all the best of luck.
Look out for the results on 21st June on WSB Sounds.
At Wantage Silver Band we are passionate about giving young people opportunities to perform to big audiences so this is why we are launching our Virtual Youth Solo Contest. If you are 19 years old or under and play a brass instrument, this is the perfect opportunity for you!.
The contest is divided into three categories:
- 11 years old and under
- 12 to 15 years old
- 16 to 19 years old
The deadline for entries is 8pm on Sunday 14th June. We will start posting your videos from Monday 8th June on our Facebook and Twitter pages. The results for first, second and third prize for each category will be announced at on Sunday 21st June, 8pm LIVE on WSB Sounds by Russell Gray himself.
We are delighted to have the expertise of Russell Gray as our adjudicator.
To take part in this competition please complete the entry form below and send us your video Enter! (including your name and category entered). Alternatively you can use We Transfer to submit your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. The closing date for entries is 8pm on Sunday 14th June 2020.
2. Entries are to be submitted as a video recording of your performance with live sound to email@example.com
3. You can use any device to record this.
4. An entry form must accompany the video entry, with parents giving consent.
5. All competitors must state the title of the piece on the entry form.
6. The competitor’s age must be recorded on the entry form. Evidence of Date of Birth may be requested in the case of a dispute.
7. Competitors do not need to be registered with a Brass Band.
8. All competitors must adhere to the approximate time limit in each age class:- 11 years of age and under - 3 Minutes, Age 12-15 - 4 Minutes, Age 16-19 - 5 Minutes.
9. Timings will start when the Soloist begins playing.
10. Backing Tracks can be used.
11. Unaccompanied performances will not be at a disadvantage.
12. This should be a new perfomance for this competition only, not something you have previously used.
13. The adjudicator's decision is final.